3/13/13

Christmas with My Family 2012 ~ Day of Days 13

 Christmas day 2012 started with a visit from one of my kids fathers with gifts for both of them.
Christmas 2012 was spent with my sister Theresa in pink and My twin cousins Kay and Lee. We decided to keep it simple and since i was having a hell of a time...a real hell of a time.
 This pic above is my daughter and her Dad... i know duh!! Twins. He stopped by to drop off her and my son's gifts with his parents. First time she didn't spend it with him. Go figure! His dad was actually dying from liver failure and it was all bad for him that day. 


 My daughter and her grandparents that just don't know how to say no to those lil brown eyes and lashes. They better take a lesson from me. 


my son and my niece they do love each other they are 2 years apart and the oldest of all the rugrats.

 my cousin and my sister funnin around for the camera 

 The children just finishing up the family tradition of spades and getting ready to be served...they had a little concert and everything.

 my cousin Kay doing what she do best...talking on her phone 

 my sister made a lovely dinner of Cornish hens, baked macnchees, greens, cornbread stuffing, green beans and potatoes  deviled eggs and more that i couldn't eat. 

 My big brother made a appearance this year with his son Deon Jr. Yeah i know he looks like me. 
Our mission this year was to continue to keep our children close to each other so they can grow up and be apart of each others life. We didn't find our cousins til i was 15 years old because of course when my father stopped communicating with my mom...we disappeared. It has been nothing but joy to have my cousins in my life. Our children have to know their roots. I didn't have everything i wanted for Christmas but i had everything i needed and that's not too bad. This will stand out as the best because i would rather forget the rest. 

5 comments:

No Labels said...

What wonderful pictures; looks like everyone was having a marvelous time.

Thee_Kween said...

Having family around at a bad time is always a needed elixir. ((HUGS))

As the Budda Flows said...

thanks Monica we did...till the wine got to us lol
@Kali definitely i was gonna be huddled under my covers but i couldn't do that to the kids

ABoyd378 said...

Now THIS IS a Christmas!! :-D

Reggie said...

There is something about Christmas and your family being together with all that good food....and football, that just warms the heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...