3/1/13

First Memory... Day 1


First day is containing your first memory. 
The first memory is have is coming to Cleveland with my mother from Sacramento California on the Amtrak i was about 9-10 on this pic. Above are my siblings. My father was in the Navy and he had been discharged and we were running out of income and what not. So my mom packs us up and gets on the train to bring us here. We were not raised here My brother was 8 months when my mom married my dad. He was stationed in Illinois where my mom had me. We moved to Philly when he was stationed there (sis was born) and then he got lucky and we were in California. All i recall is us being subjected to weather we were not used to, people we were never around and life without our father. My uncle a Vietnam Vet and  grandmother tried to make us comfortable and i recall our first meal with her when we got to Cleveland was grits and scrambled eggs mixed in a big bowl with cheese. First we looked at it as strange then she said and i quote "It's all going the same damn place anyway now get something on that fork (in a southern drawl)" I've been hooked every since. Those are my first significant memories as a child...being moved around a lot. Day one.

8 comments:

Thee_Kween said...

First thing I thought sis was, "damn...that sounds good as hell" LOL

Aww lil Budda...looking like your son looking like you :)

As the Budda Flows said...

lol made me hungry just typing it. yes that lik monster is the spitting image of me

Divaprocessor said...

See I need not be reading this is the morning...now I wants some GRITS and Cheese...LOL..Good Job Sis

Reggie said...

Look at that big smile!!!

S.O.A.P. said...

Grits, eggs, and cheese.... I hate for my food to touch or mix but I'd have to say HELLS YEAH to that one!!! :D
Good memories!

No Labels said...

This makes me want some grits and cheese. Good yummy memories!

ABoyd378 said...

And where was I when YOU were in Philly...? o_O

LOL!!!

Sounds like you were Born for Adventure! ;-D

Unknown said...

"It's all going down the same damn place anyway now get something on that fork"....Grandmothers...gotta love them

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...